Friday, August 8, 2008

Why can't life be simple?

I promise I'll get back to the story of my eyes soon. I know you're on the edge of your seats for that one (or could you at least pretend you are?). Unfortunately other things in life are messing with my concentration. For instance: house hunting.

When your realtor tells you you're not going to be able to find anything decent in your price range in the location where you're looking you end doing a lot of soul searching. Do I raise my budget and end up eating Top Ramen Noodles for the next 30 years? Or do I move the location where I'm looking and spend 1 hour or more commuting to work each way, every day, for 30 years?

I resigned myself to renting for the rest of my life, or until I win the lottery (note to self: buy lottery ticket). At least until I got home and had to listen to my neighbors and all their racket. At that point I think it didn't matter where I lived as long as it was quiet. So I'm looking again. And much farther away then where I want to be. Hopefully gas prices won't end up over $5 a gallon anytime soon. If it does I might not even be able to afford the Top Ramen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please dont be give up. I bought my house a year and a half ago and I got it for almost a 100,000 less than the asking price. Please , Please chat with me some time . There are things you can do.

Your friend

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Sorry , the "be" should not be there but I think you get my point...


Dennis

Anonymous said...

Wait.... I read your eyes post, and here i am trying to put a sniper bullet through one of them. I jest, but seriously we are your friends, albeit online friends, but friends none the less. Talk to us if you need too. We all can probably help in some way or another (except Zak) I have 2 very close friends that are eye doctors and eye surgeons, let me see what they say.. and about the house, Dennis is right (did i just say that?)

c5

Zak said...

c5, believe it or not I can help to. My company STAAR Surgical, we have an implantable contact that she might be able to use after her corneal transplants. Check out our website on the procedure. www.visianinfo.com, but I cant help on the housing, I'm renting to. I hope to buy my house next year in Sahuarita,AZ, There's no room for baby Rakel in my little house.