Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Everybody likes surprises right?

I got the surprise of my online life last night. Evil Ric jumped online BUT DIDN'T PUT IN CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS. I was so shocked to see that, instead of jumping right into the game all his friends were playing, he put something else in. What game was that, you ask? LA Noir.

Now don't get me wrong. I have nothing against that game. Several of my friends have it and have been playing it. It's a game that's piqued my interest from time to time. It's just that when I think of Evil Ric I think of him playing Black Ops along with Tactical and Sand Dog. The three of those guys are almost synonymous with the game.

But I really shouldn't be too surprised to see Evil playing something else. After all the ribbing I get for not finishing games I, in turn, give some ribbing back to friends that only play one game. Evil's one of them. I've teased him many times that Black Ops is the only game he plays. Yes, he tried to tell me he plays Batman: Arkham Asylum but it doesn't show up on his recent played games so I don't believe him. And believe me, I look.

I guess I should be glad Evil's branching out into new frontiers of gameplay. I really wished he'd play some games I've recommended to him because I think he'll like them. He should trust me that I won't recommend something like Princess Barbie's Shoe Shopping Spectacular. That's one game he might want to play "offline" unless he's man enough to stand the ribbing he'll get from our friends.

While I'm glad Evil jumped in and played with us AND that he's playing new games I just wasn't ready for the surprise of seeing him play something else. After all there are good surprises and bad surprises. "Honey, I'm pregnant" is a good surprise if it comes from your wife (and you two have been having sex) but bad if it comes from your mistress (whether or not you two have been having sex). A good surprise is having your friends play new games. And everybody likes a good surprise now and then, don't they?

No comments: