Tuesday, October 17, 2017

New Game Console?

I have a bunch of money saved up and if it doesn't take all of it to fix my garage door, I think I'll buy a new gaming console.  Which one should I get?

Playstation 4 Pro
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo Switch
Wii U

I've wanted a PS4 for awhile now and that desire has only increased watching videos of Horizon Zero Dawn.  I want to play that game so bad.

On the other hand there are a LOT of games I'd like to get for the 3DS.  And I could get those games cheaper since they've been out for a while.  That makes getting one a little more attractive if it will save me money in the long run.

On the other hand the Switch might just scratch that itch for another handheld, portable game system.  There are only a couple of games I would get so far for the Switch but I'm sure there are more coming.

On the other hand I could get a Wii U.  Why a Wii U?  Pikmin 3.  Enough said.  I love the Pikmin games and I could play them for hours fine tuning my harvesting skills to shave just a few seconds here and there off of collecting things.  There are just so many subtle ways you can improve on your game play.  I don't know of many other games out for the Wii U that I absolutely have to have and I don't know if one game (even if it's Pikmin) is enough to buy a system just for that game.

On the other hand I could just add the money to my new computer fund.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a new very good supped gaming PC within the next 6-9 months.  Other expenses come first but I'm saving and hoping for that day.

With all these arms I feel like Parvati.  I wish I was just as powerful a godess as she is.  Unfortunately, I'm not.  I'm mortal and have to make these all important life and death (of gaming) decisions.  So what do you think I should get?  It might not happen as it all depends on how much it will cost to fix my garage door so it will open again.  But if there's money left over . . .

No comments: