Saturday, September 20, 2008

I've been relicensed

Well, I finally figured out (and took the time) to change the licensing on three of my Arcade games that I haven't been able to play since I sent my system back for repair. The process was very easy and enlightening. I just wish the gameplay could have been the same.

If you go onto xbox.com's website and their support page there's a link to the relicensing instructions. I followed the steps and I can now play Double Dragon, Golden Axe and Sonic the Hedgehog without the game reverting to the trail version. If anyone is having problems with their arcade games, either through having a different console or other wackiness I'd suggest you give the link a look-see. The only down side I saw was that you can only change your licensing once every 12 months. Hopefully that won't be a problem, but with Microsoft you never know.

I got one achievement in Golden Axe but didn't do so well in the other two. If anyone has these games and needs someone for some co-op play send me an invite and I'll see about joining you.

No comments: