Tuesday, May 13, 2014

1 minute Dragon game



So I’ve got another “1 minute” game for you.  This time, here there be dragons.  Yep.  Those big winged flapping lizard-like creatures.  You have 1 minute to list as many video games that have dragons in them.  Be they bosses, pets, or just in cut scenes.  It should be easy, right?  So . . .

On your mark . . . .

Get set . . . .

Go . . .

You got started off really fast.

You’ve named a couple but are you sure they really have dragons in them?

Oops, is that a duplicate?

Come on keep going.

You’ve run out of ideas already?

Okay . . . and time’s up.

How many did you get?  Here’s my list.  I have a few maybes on it and I’ll have to explain those.

 

My list:
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age 2
Skyrim
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro the Dragon: Ripto’s Rage
Sypro the Dragon: Enter the Dragonfly
Blue Dragon





My maybes:
Dark Stone
Balder’s Gate
Champions of Norath
Summoner
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Gauntlet

So I got 10 that I know of for sure that have dragons.  I could have probably listed all of the Final Fantasy games but I wasn’t sure if they all had a dragon in them.  I’m not even totally sure with FF7 but I’m hedging my bet that it does.  And I'm know there are more Spyro games that what I have listed but I can't remember any more than what I put down.

As to the maybes I have various excuses or doubts about including them.  I might have to do some research to see if I’m just imagining things with these games or I got it right.  Unless someone wants to do it for me and put it in the comment’s section. 

It’s been a very long time since I played Dark Stone and then I didn’t even get very far in the game.  I’ve been meaning to go back and what I remember of the game it’s perfect to have a dragon.

It’s also been a very long time since I’ve played both Balder’s Gate and Champions of Norath.  They are also a couple of games that have got to have a dragon or two.  I’m pretty sure that my brother dain and I have finished both of those games but nothing comes to mind specifically about dragons.  Even if not a boss but just something terrifying to look at in a cut scene.

Summoner is the game dain and I are supposed to be finishing for the PS2.  When I think of “summoners” I think of magic and summoning dragons.  So there’s got to be a dragon in that game right?

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade is a game I’ve been playing on the PSP.  It’s another game that I’m not very far in but seems perfect to having a dragon in the game.  If not a boss, then some eye candy instead.  There’s another game in the Untold Legends series that I have but I can’t remember the name so I didn’t count it.  Warrior’s Code.  Or maybe, Warrior’s Guild.  Or something like that.  Since I can’t remember what it’s called, I’m not counting it.  Even as a maybe.

Gauntlet is a game my brother dain and I have finished a couple of times.  On the N64.  On the PS.  And on the GameCube.  And maybe more systems and versions of the game.  I can’t remember if there are any dragons in the game.  If there are they’re probably fought while on the ground.  At least I don’t remember any aerial combat battles in any of those games.  And since I can’t remember any subtitles for any of those versions I’m only counting them as one game.  And that’s only a maybe too.

Personally I’m disappointed with myself.  I thought I would have done better than that.  Especially since one of my favorite genres of video games is RPGs and those are usually fantasy games.  And aren’t dragons, in one form or another, a requirement in fantasy games?  Maybe if I played more of those games . . . or at least played more IN all of those games that I have I could have done better.  How well did you do?  Leave your results in the comments.  And if you’ve got some ideas for more “1 minute” game ideas leave those in the comments as well.  I’ve got a few more ideas I want to explore but it won’t hurt to have more.


2 comments:

Zenra Nukenin said...

I haven't played any games in the series, but I know that the Drakengard series has dragons.

I have played Drakan: Order of the Flame and Divinity II: Eco Draconis and they have dragons. Almost certainly, the other Divinity games do too. I'd like to play both of these games again, but I can't play Drakan because it's so old, and I can't get it to run in Compatibility Mode. Divinity II just had a HORRIBLE ending that made all of my time spent on that game feel like a complete waste.

I have also played Balder's Gate and Champions of Norrath (each repeatedly because they were so great), but I can't remember if there are any dragons. I would guess not though. If they ever get ported for the PS VITA, I'll let you know if there are dragons 'cause I will play them again!

But best of all; it's funny that you ask this question because my current addiction is Dragon's Dogma. I've only played about twenty hours so far, but I just can't get enough of this game! I can see where it can, or will get tedious, but so far I'm loving it.

As for another 1 minute game idea: Nazis. Pretty obvious though, huh? I'm sure that was one that you were holding onto.
Maybe a situation instead of a thing? Like time travel? Or altered gravity?

Pengwenn said...

I actually hadn't thought about Nazis. That would be an easy one . . . or would it.

Dragon's Dogma had been a game on my radar but I didn't know anyone who's played it so they could give me a review.