Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fast Service . . . same problems

I haven't posted for awhile because I've been busy. I wish I wasn't, but I can't change that. On a brighter note I'm talking the day off on Wednesday so I can play Assassin's Creed all day long.

One of the things I've been busy with is I got my original console back from Microsoft. It took a total of 2 weeks to ship it, get it repaired and have them ship it back to me. If I would have known that ahead of time (they said 3-4 weeks but everyone on my friends list has had theirs out for at least 6 weeks) I might not have bought an Arcade version as a backup. Now that I've got mine original system back I'm glad I bought the backup.

The Red Ring of Death was fixed because I cold turn my system on but I"m still having some of the problems I had prior to sending it in. I still can't play a ranked match of Catan without lagging out. and my system still freezes up on me but not as much as it did before.

I didn't have any of these problems with my Arcade console so I know it's not something on the hard drive. We've tried my hard drive in my original system and my brother's hard drive in my system and we still can't figure it out. My brother currently has my system and he's going to test it out with his internet connection. It seemed to do fine at my parent's house on their internet so it might be something in my internet connection. But only for that game which I think it really weird.

The other thing that has kept me busy (but not nearly busy enough) is that I decided to sign up for National Novel Writing Month this year. I've participated twice in the past and both times where a failure but for different reasons. Why I decided to do it again this year I'm not exactly sure. Oh well. I'll keep you informed as to my continuous failure where NaNoWriMo is concerned. I don't expect to do much especially with Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect coming out this month. Maybe NaNoWriMo should move to another month or great video games shouldn't all get released right at the end of the year.

No comments: