Friday, November 16, 2007

Xbox Live is 5 years old

So Xbox Live was 5 years old as of yesterday. How long have you been on Xbox Live? Me? I can't remember exactly. I think it will be 3 years in January. If not 3 years than it's only been 2 years since I joined Xbox Live.

That doesn't mean I've only been playing video games for 2 years. Far from it. It's just that I was always too timid to join in the online community of gamers. Also I didn't have the right connection speed with my internet. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it will be 3 years come January.

I'm really glad I decided to join the ranks of online players. I've met some really great people through various games. Some of them I would never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. Some I just wondered why I'd never met them before.

I've been really lucky about meeting great people too. I think it goes back to the games I played when I first on online. Star Wars Battlefront is a great game. And it's filled with great people. I only ran into the occasional idiot while playing that game. Most of my friends from those old days have followed me to the 360 era of gaming. We were not just gamers we were Star Wars fans and I think that is what added to our fun, excitement and respect while playing.

So Happy Birthday Xbox Live! Gamers might have been playing online with their computers long before you came around but you changed the face of online gaming forever. When people's only compliant about a great game is that it doesn't have online multiplayer game play you know you've made an impact on the gaming world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is Asher Crestfallen, I wanted to say thanks for posting the links to my chromehounds guide. I didn't think it was that worthy of taking this action, but it is appreciated.

Pengwenn said...

Not worthy? My squad (Dark Matter) has used your site as a terrific resource for building hounds and map information. For each new member that joins we direct them to your site to learn the basics and get a feel for the game. It was a godsend for getting the achievement for all parts and all maps. You have dain bramage (my brother) to thank for spreading the word.