Wednesday, December 26, 2007

To Prestige or not to Prestige?

I know I'm not going to be faced with this problem for awhile, but I've been thinking. I have a friend that is going through the prestige and he's been getting grief for what level he's on with his prestige. I think it's cool. It shows real dedication and commitment to do that. Just when get to the good weapons they're all taken away and you have to start from scratch like a noobie all over again.

Last night we played with someone who is on a higher level of prestige than even my friend. We were all dully impressed, but joked around that if Kralon's been playing it since the day it came out than that guy's been playing it since two weeks before it came out.

So I've been wondering. Should I do it? I still haven't had the chance to bring up a helicopter. And I'm either very lucky or playing a bunch of terrible people if my kills out number my deaths. I don't think I'm that bad of a player but there are some things that makes this game more difficult for me than other shooter games. But that's a post for another time.

Right now I'm only at level 37 (Lt. Colonel). And since I've been playing this game for over a month and that it takes 2-3 nights worth of play time now for me to go up one level I won't be officially faced with the prestige question for awhile. By that time all of my friends will have finished going through all their prestige levels and will be bored of the game. Then while I'm stuck again at level 18 or whatever they'll be playing another game.

Getting to the highest rank should come with a sigh of relief not a nagging question of should I prestige or should I not prestige. But then again some people will say that getting to level 55 the first time is NOT the highest level you can achieve. For me? Well, we'll just have to see what kind of mood I'm in when I get there.

No comments: