Friday, September 7, 2007

Rewarding Myself

I finished a game the other night. No it wasn't one from the list that I should be finishing. It was an Xbox Live Arcade game. Carcassonne.

My brother was excited about this game when it came out. I, on the other hand, had never heard of it. I downloaded it so we'd have something in common to play together. (I find our arcade tastes very greatly.) After I figured out what I needed to do to get more points (lots of little cities by a farm instead of one big city) I realized I liked this game. Probably not as much as my brother, but then again who cares.

I was wondering how I was going to to get the "score 50+ more points in a 2+ player game" or whatever it says. Apparently you don't have to win the match by 50+ points, or even win the match at all, you just have to score 50+ points more than someone else in the game. Also a "player's match" doesn't mean you have to have all human players for it to count. If someone drops out and an AI takes over that's okay.

So, 200 achievement points earned calls for a celebration. How do I celebrate? By buying more games. I picked up 3 games for my PSP, 1 for my GameBoy Advance and 1 for my PS2. I know, I know, the more games I own the more games I have to NOT be able to finish due to the distraction. Too bad. I like games. And I'm not going to stop buying them. Besides it could have been worse. I wanted to pick up BioShock and Blue Dragon but I exercised some restraint and passed on them this time around (and to be honest that's only because the store didn't have any in stock).

I accomplished something so I can reward myself, right?

No comments: