Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Poll Results - A day to play games

Okay, so I asked the question "Have you ever taken a day off of work just to play video games?" Here are the results:

Yes: 3 votes
No: 2 votes

I can't believe some of you haven't taken advantage of a day of vacation to just sit home and play video games. I do it all the time. That might be because I don't have any kids, a spouse or a house to take care of. When I take a day off it's all mine. Mostly.

The last day that I specifically took off to play a game was for the release of Assassin's Creed. Unfortunately I let a few things pile up before that date so when I was off work I spent most of the day running around doing errands. When I had the chance to play I only put the game in briefly before I stopped and just vegetated (which is another acceptable excuse to take time off from work for, in my opinion anyway).

This year I adjusted my work schedule so I get 1 day off every two weeks. This is now "Game Day" for me. I hate going in earlier and working longer hours during the days when I'm at work but it's nice to have a day off every other week without having to dip into my vacation days. But that doesn't mean I won't take a day off here and there to play a video game. I'm even thinking about taking a half day on Friday. That would extend my weekend a little bit and maybe I could get all my errands done that day so when I have my regularly scheduled day off on Monday it will be nothing but gaming. See ya then!

No comments: