Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Gaming New Year Resolutions?

I made New Year Resolutions in other areas of my life but I haven't made any as far as gaming is concerned. Should I?

I started this blog because I needed a kick in the pants about a deal my brother and I worked out for finishing games. It's been a year and a half since then and we haven't finished any of the ones we chose. Should I make a New Year Resolution to finish a game?

How about ranking up in matches? Should I make A resolution to reach and finish a level or two of prestige in Call of Duty 4 before the year is out? Or to reach the highest rank in Chromehounds?

What about earning achievements and raising my gamer score? What would be a good resolution? Raise it 1,000 points this year? 2,000? My achievement and gamer score points come in fits and spurts. I might only get 20 points for a couple of months but then rake in 200 points in the space of a couple of weeks. And that doesn't have anything to do with playing a new game and getting all those "easy" points. I think I'm around 700 points or so from crossing the 5,000 point barrier so that would be a reasonable achievement, don't you think?

I'm just thinking as I type here and I just might have my resolutions. Feel free to hold me to them . . . or make it frustrating difficult to achieve them.

My New Year's (Gaming) Resolutions:
1. Finish Final Fantasy VII.
2. Reach rank #55 and complete one level of Prestige in Call of Duty 4.
3. Raise my gamer score to 5,500 or more.

I have until December 31st, 2008 to accomplish them. Do you think I can do it? What else do you think I should set as a goal this year? What are yours?

No comments: