Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cheaters get their due

Oh, did you hear? Microsoft if cracking down on gamer score cheaters on Xbox Live. You know, those people that, through nefarious means, have inflated their gamer scores by swapping game saves or as Microsoft put it "using external devices". I'm not exactly sure what those "external devices" are but I'm all for it. Of course Microsoft is being very tight lipped about all the things they look for before they wipe out someone's gamer score and mark their profile as a cheater. I guess that's a good thing because then if people knew they would just find ways to get around those things. But they are saying it's a computer program that looks at your profile and you have to meet 100% of the criteria before your account is whacked.

I'm glad they're doing it but what's to stop those players that have been caught (and some already have been) from just starting a new account and doing it all over again. Of course that account would get wiped out too. Maybe by then those cheaters will have figured out it's not worth it. As much as I want to see my gamer score go higher I want to earn every point I get. For those that don't, I guess they're finally getting what they're due.

4 comments:

Me. said...

Hey there! I found your blog a while back, it's awesome to see girl gamers out there. I'm a fellow gamer girl and after years with the XBox I have finally stepped into the world of today and became the proud owner of a XBox 360. So many games appeal to me I don't know where to start! I had to get Halo 3 with it, but what next? Do you have any recommendations for someone new to the 360 world?

Thanks!
Much love!
Me.

Pengwenn said...

Well me, it depends on what type of gaming you like. If you like RPGs try Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata. If you like first person shooter try Mass Effect, BioShock or The Orange Box. If you like online play try Halo 3 (which you have), Call of Duty 4 or Rainbow 6: Vegas.

As for the Arcade games Uno is always a good bet, as well as Texas Hold 'Em even if you don't know how to play poker. For an easy way to get achievement points try any of the "Hardwood" games, Carcassone or Catan. For some mindless puzzle games try Jewel Quest or Bejewelled 2. There's also the good old stand by of Pac Man (3 different games). Then there's side scrollers, racing, action games and all kinds of stuff. The great things is you can download the demos for free for any Arcade game and try it before you buy it.

Anonymous said...

Pengwenn you are going to find the answers that you are looking for in regards to your post with cheaters here
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2008/03/25/558240.aspx

Also, if you're interested, I've started my own blog as well

http://www.freewebs.com/ashercrestfalen/index.htm

Pengwenn said...

Your blog has been added to my favorites Asher. I'll be checking in.