Thursday, March 27, 2008

I think the Xbox gods are mad at me

So I told you that I was turning off my 360 for awhile and was going to get caught up playing Final Fantasy VII. I tried that for two days and I think the Xbox gods got mad at me.

I started playing my PS2 on Sunday night; by Monday my back hurt, but not to much. Just enough to make sitting on the floor playing video games uncomfortable. So I didn't play for too long. By Tuesday night when I got home from work my back was killing me. At that point I couldn't even sit on the floor at all. I could lay down propped up on one elbow but that doesn't stay very comfortable for long. And then there's the issue of getting off the floor with a bad back. I managed to play a little bit Tuesday, but not as much I would have liked.

Just after 3am Tuesday night I woke up with a sharp pain in my right wrist and hand. I've had pain off and on in that wrist for years. I'm sure it's carpel tunnel but I've never gone to a doctor to have it checked out. And it's never been nothing more than an achy feeling that goes away after a couple of days wearing a brace. That night . . . or I should say early morning . . . it was pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 15. I couldn't move my wrist or my fingers. I figured I had 2 choices: 1) get up, get dressed and head to Urgent Care or the Emergency room to have it checked out, or 2) go back to bed and see how I feel in the morning. I chose #2.

My wrist still hurt and once I got to work I put a brace on. It still aches today and I don't think it will go away enough for me not to have to go see my doctor. If I did go I'm sure things will eventually lead to me having to have surgery on that wrist and then what will that do for my gaming?

I hooked my Xbox 360 back up because if I was going to game it was going to have to be something with a quick and easy in and out process and something simplistic in the game play. I have a lot of Arcade games that fit that bill. I didn't have a recurrence of the pain last night so maybe I've appeased the Xbox gods enough to let me heal and get back to gaming. But I find it too much of a coincidence that the days I start playing my PS2 again is the days my body is in pain. Maybe I'm just out of practice for PS2 gaming, but for now I think I'll still try to get some Xbox gaming in every day just in case the Xbox gods are watching.

No comments: