Monday, March 24, 2008

A very prosperous weekend

It was a very prosperous weekend for me and my gamer score. And it all started innocently enough.

I noticed my brother had the achievement for downloading the winning skins for the game Kameo. I've been trying to get this for awhile, but stupid me I thought it was the winning game pics instead of skins. Now I've got a lot of Kameo game pics on my 360. Oh well. What I didn't realise is that it worth 0 points. Yep. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I hate it when games do that. Even 5 points would make it worth it.

After my brother helped me figure that out I asked for his help in Tomb Raider: Legend where I was stuck. I knew he had gotten past this point because I've watched him play the game several times. That little bit of help lead to me getting 2 achievements in the game. It also gave me something much more priceless. Apparently when my brother played through the first level he missed quite a few of those bronze/silver rewards. Since he was there helping me I got the chance to pick them up where he missed them on his play through. The look on his face as I pick up one after another of those rewards was priceless.

After finishing Tomb Raider I put in Bioshock because my friend Zenra keeps telling me there's an easier way to take down the Big Daddies instead of fighting them. He said it would require a chat session while I played so when he jumped on I put the game in. He helped me walk through and get all those pesky items to mix the Lazarus formula to save the forest (this was another game I was stuck in). In the course of that run through I picked up 3 more achievements. And I was so involved in the story I hadn't even noticed when one of them popped up. And I live for the bleep.

I'm sure I might have picked up another achievement or two but I can't remember. It was a very productive day for me. And not just on the achievement front. I was able to get unstuck in 3 different games. The other game that I was stuck in was Lost Odyssey. I hate it when I get stuck in a game and can't figure out what I need to do to get past that point. Or even worse is when I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to pull it off, but keep dying instead. I'm still stuck in Portal, but I'll save that game for another time.

All in all I think it was a very productive day. I don't expect to have that happen every weekend when I can devote a lot more time to playing video games than I can during the week. But it's nice when it does happen. And I am starting to think that breaking the 10,000 point gamer score barrier is actually possible this year. Stay tuned.

No comments: